The Office of Engaged Learning works closely with the Office of the Core Curriculum to support the Engaged Learning Core Curriculum requirement. All courses will be advised in their proposal process by OEL, but will go through all standard A&S Curriculum processes outlined below:
- The faculty member or their Department will submit the formal course proposal to the College of Arts & Sciences Core Advisory Committee (CCAC). The process is explained on the College’s website. The information you prepared for your initial Engaged Learning Course Proposal is intended to help you as you prepare content for required College form(s).
- If the CCAC approves the course proposal,it is sent next to the Arts & Sciences Curriculum Committee (A&S CC).
- If the A&S CC approves the course proposal, the next step is the Council of Chairs (CoC).
- After the CoC the next step in the process is the University Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UUCC).
- The final stage is approval from the Provost.
- If at any step 1 through 5 above the proposal is rejected, then the faculty member will be encouraged to return to the OEL for additional assistance addressing the concerns raised by the relevant committee as they revise and resubmit their proposal for approval.